Hi everyone! Happy 2017! I hope the year has started off well with you. I don’t know about you, but one of my goals this year is to continue getting organized. Between the 5-year old’s busy schedule, doctor/dentist appointments, surgeries, and simply growing my business, life is CAH-RAZY! Can I get an amen?!?
It’s Planner Time!
I’ve used planners in the past simply because I needed somewhere to jot down the 1.2 billion ideas that come through this brain. I’m telling you, my brain can get so overwhelmed. To do lists, ideas for artwork, scripture, and dreams for the house/garden…A girl’s gotta have somewhere to put everything. If you get on Instagram and search for #planner, you will be inspired but overwhelmed at the possibilities. Planners have moved pass writing checklists and appointments. Now there are tons of sticker options for decorating. In other words, the scrapbooking world has taken over the planner world.
Honestly, I would love to do bullet journaling. But, I don’t have time for that. And, I love the Erin Condren planners, especially because there are a ton of Etsy stores that cater specifically to that brand, creating full box stickers, cute checkboxes, and art deco stickers so you can decorate a planner spread (a week at a glance) or even a monthly spread (a month at a glance) to your heart’s content. However, I cannot justify spending anywhere from $55 to $90 for a planner that will be finished by the end of the year.
Solution: The Happy Planner™
It just so happened that Michaels was having a planner sale, and all planners were 50%. I ended up purchasing a BIG Happy Planner™, Mini Happy Planner™, and a Recollections™ binder planning system. I also picked up some Create365 sticker booklets to decorate my planners. I’m using the mini planner for my personal planner. The larger planner will be for my daily Bible sketch noting. (A lot of people have expressed an interest in that, so I plan on a future post with video on that process.) The binder is for my creative journey goals.
You can find out more about the planners by watching the video below.
Watch Below | Watch on YouTube
Supplies are listed below with links, when available. Affiliate links are often used. If you click on the link and decide to purchase, you are helping me create more content like this video.
- Mini Happy Planner, 2017 Happy Blooms: http://amzn.to/2i8pR9h
- Big Happy Planner, 2017 Tranquility: http://amzn.to/2iXGpSA
- Faber Castell Artist Pitt Pens, 4-pen set: http://amzn.to/2i8qdN9
- Faber Castell Artist Pitt Pens, 8-pen set: http://amzn.to/2j7r9zL
- Faber Castell Artist Pitt Pen, Black Extra Superfine: http://amzn.to/2i89XvJ
- Faber Castell Artist Pitt Pen, Black Superfine: http://amzn.to/2it151u
- Faber Castell Artist Pitt Pen, Black Medium: http://amzn.to/2i8eG0k
- Faber Castell Artist Pitt Pen, Black Soft Brush: http://amzn.to/2it1Wze
- Creative Year Pink Flamingo A5 Binder by Recollections: http://www.michaels.com/creative-year-flamingo-pink-a5-binder-by-recollections/10499288.html#pmpt=qualifying&sz=24&start=36
- Creative Year Calendar Journal by Recollections: http://www.michaels.com/creative-year-calendar-journal-by-recollections/10486483.html#start=3
- Creative Year Goals Journal by Recollections: http://www.michaels.com/creative-year-goals-journal-by-recollections/10499301.html#pmpt=qualifying&sz=24&start=26
- Creative Year Inspire Journal by Recollections: http://www.michaels.com/creative-year-inspiration-journal-by-recollections/10499302.html#pmpt=qualifying&sz=24&start=29
- Be Thankful in All Things Jumbo Paper Clip by Raising Up Rubies: https://www.etsy.com/listing/482004301/purple-be-thankful-in-all-things-planner?ref=shop_home_active_3
What kind of planner are you using this year? Please share in the comments below!